Licensed Acupuncturist And Herbalist In Hackensack, NJ
Dr. Kim, Dohyun, D.A.O.M., L.Ac., Dipl. OM.
As a third-generation practitioner, Dr. Dohyun Kim is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (D.A.O.M.) and a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac). Following the path his father and grandfather laid before him, Dr. Kim provides both holistic medicine and Constitutional treatments in accordance with Oriental medicine traditions. In addition to being a New Jersey licensed acupuncturist and herbalist, Dr. Kim’s qualifications include:
- Doctoral degree (D.A.O.M.-Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine) from Five Branches University in Santa Cruz, California
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) board certification
- M.S. degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City
- Graduate of the College of Arts and Sciences at Purdue University in Indiana
Both Dr. Kim is an active member of the New Jersey Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NJAAOM), the Acupuncture Society of New York (ASNY), and the Association of Korean Asian Medicine & Acupuncture of California (AKAMAC).
Acupuncture Treatments And Herbal Medicine
Offering patients, a myriad of treatment options, Hackensack Acupuncture and Herbs provides the following acupuncture treatments:
- 8 Constitution medicine
- Blood letting cupping
- Auricular acupuncture
- Five-Element acupuncture
- Japanese acupuncture
- Korean acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese acupuncture
- Trigger Point acupuncture
- And other acupuncture treatment techniques
In addition to acupuncture services, our clinic also practices Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) – which dates back thousands of years in China and other parts of East Asia. Based on Eight-Constitution Medicine and the specific needs of each individual patient, Dr. Kim’s herbal treatments can help alleviate pain associated with chronic conditions, as well as treat conditions like infertility, fatigue, weight loss and addiction recovery.